Design | Breakdown | Layout
To draw a frontal portrait:
1. First draw the geometric shape of the face.
2. Using "Vertical" and "Horizontal" lines, you will divide the image in half.
3. On the center horizontal line is where your eyes go.
* Eyes should be the same distance apart. The area between them should be the same size as the eye.
* Eye consists of parts: Large white circle - Eye Ball, colored circle - Iris, and the center circle - Pupil
4. Divide in half again from the center line to the "bottom" of the face.
* This is where your nose will go
5. Divide in half again from the nose line to the bottom of the face.
* This is where your mouth goes. Your mouth is symmetrical.
6. Ears go between the eye line and the nose line.
7. Eye brows above the eyes.
8. Then hair "shape" - style
9. The neck goes from the jaw line at a slight curve down and out.
10. Shoulders come off the curve. Then add collar of a shirt line.